Accredited Practising Dietitian
Laura Ballantyne is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist attaining a Bachelor of Health Sciences and a Master of Dietetics from Deakin University. She is also accredited in Nutrition Therapy for Fertility and Pregnancy.
Laura is passionate about helping her patients to take control of their health without relying so heavily on medications. Laura does not prescribe diets, she works with her patients to make them feel comfortable and respected, providing guidance for dietary modification to assist with improving the management of medical conditions.
She takes a different approach with each of her patients to ensure advice is tailored to their needs, situation and health. She has a genuine care for her patients and loves empowering patients to optimise their health and nutrition.
Laura specialises in women’s healthy and fertility:
- Hormonal imbalances (PCOS, Insulin resistance), infertility, endometriosis, irregular menstrual cycles/hypothalamic amenorrhoea, pre- and post- natal nutrition, pregnancy.
Laura can provide dietetic treatment for the following:
- Digestive disorders – IBS, FODMAPs, Coeliac Disease and other intolerances
- Diabetes – Impaired glucose tolerance, Type 2, Gestational
- Malnutrition and unintentional weight loss
- Weight management – strategies to achieve sustained weight loss
- Heart health – cholesterol, hypertension, heart conditions
- Nutrient and mineral deficiency
- Disordered eating
- Paediatric nutrition
- Vegan and Vegetarian diets
Laura consults from our practice every second Monday and her billings are as follows:
|Service||Full Fee||Medicare Rebate||Out of pocket|
|GP Care Plan|
|Private Patients (without care plan therefore not covered by Medicare)|
|Initial Consultation||$100||Claim on Private Health Insurance (Ancillary cover)|
|Review Consultation||$80||Claim on Private Health Insurance (Ancillary cover)|
|Health Care and Pensioner Card holders|
|Initial Consultation||$90||Claim on Private Health Insurance (Ancillary cover)|
|Review Consultation||$70||Claim on Private Health Insurance (Ancillary cover)|
Appointments can be made via phoning the practice on 52431111
Every second Monday** The above fee table is a guide only. Fees will be charged at the doctor’s discretion. Please feel free to discuss your fee with your doctors. A quote can be supplied upon request for procedures. Investigations and referrals may incur an additional fee by the individual.